Dorcas Thrift Shop
The Dorcas Thrift Shop is one of North Carolina’s most popular thrifting destinations. Every purchase has a bigger purpose, and our customers use their purchasing power to change lives in our community daily.
With a large collection of clothing, housewares, accessories, electronics, media, art, floral arrangements, books, crafts, jewelry, vintage collectibles, and so much more, there is something for everyone!
Hours of Operation
Thrift Shop & Donation Drop Off: Monday – Saturday 11am – 6pm.
We accept cash, all major credit/debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Cash App.
NO checks will be accepted.
Week of Dec. 4 – Dec. 9
- Monday, Dec. 4: 50% Off books (vintage books not included)
- Tuesday, Dec. 5: 50% Off all Vintage Dept. items! (Jewelry Dept. not included)
- Wednesday, Dec. 6: NO SALE!
- Thursday, Dec. 7: 50% Off pillows and adult sleepwear
- Friday, Dec. 8: 50% Off adult blouses, t-shirts and off-season clothing (holiday items and sweaters not included)
- Saturday, Dec. 9: NO SALE
Donations are accepted Monday – Saturday, 11am – 6pm
Donation Preparation: Small prep work at home makes a huge difference in handling the volume of items that are donated to Dorcas. Please separate clothes from linens, shoes, household items, etc. Keeping these items with other similar items will allow for a quicker drop-off experience.
General Directions: When you enter the Dorcas Plaza, continue to the right of the building and follow the signs to enter the drop-off lane. One of our Dorcas representatives will be happy to unload your items from your car. Please follow their directions for a safe and efficient drop-off. Remain in your car until a Dorcas representative is ready to assist you. Please have any personal items separated from items for donation.
General items we DO NOT accept:
- Large Appliances
- Home Improvement Items
- Outdated Electronics
- Personal Computers
- Car Related Items
- Grills/Gas Operated Items
- Large Baby Items
- Large Exercise Equipment
- Artificial Christmas Trees until October 1
- Non-Mobility Medical Items
- Out-dated Educational Books
- Overused or Damaged Items
- Hazardous Materials (Chemicals, Paint, Oil, Aerosol Cans)
A full list of items we do not accept is available HERE.
- The Thrift Shop is open Monday – Saturday from 11am – 6pm, and we restock continuously. Customers typically begin lining up to enter around 9am daily.
- You must be present to maintain your place in line. You cannot reserve a space in line with a cart, chair, or other item(s) and then leave.
- Abandoned carts will be returned to the cart corral and items made available to other customers.
- To ensure a positive and enjoyable shopping experience, we limit the number of customers in the store at any given time. During peak shopping hours, you may have to wait at the entrance briefly before you can enter and shop. (This is a shaded area.)
- The Vintage and Jewelry area is gated, and only two customers at a time are allowed to enter that area. To accommodate all customers, there is a 10-minute limit for that space when there is a line. If two customers are already behind the counter, you can ask to see an item at any time.
- The Vintage and Jewelry area closes 15 minutes before the store closes.
- Livestreaming and online selling are not permitted in the store.
- Dorcas does NOT have dressing rooms.
- All sales are final. We do not accept returns.
- If an item does not have a price, it will not be sold.
- We do not hold items for customers.