The generosity and support of our many donors make it possible for us to help our neighbors thrive. In 2022, we served over 5,800 neighbors with over 30,000 services thanks to many of you!
Financial gifts help make it possible for us to provide emergency assistance daily. Give online through the “Give now” link above. You may also mail a check to Dorcas Ministries 187 High House Road, Cary, NC 27511
2023 Impact So Far:
23,538 services provided
$1.7M+ assistance provided
Leave a lasting legacy through gifts that will continue to change and impact the lives of our neighbors for years to come.
- Designate an unrestricted gift in your will for Christian Community in Action dba Dorcas Ministries. This can be a percentage or a specific amount.
- Give a portion of an insurance policy.
- Name Christian Community in Action dba Dorcas Ministries as the beneficiary of your 401(k), 403(b), IRA, or another retirement plan.
- Donate appreciated stock, mutual funds, bonds, or other appreciated assets.
- Establish a charitable gift annuity with us.
- To leave a gift in your will, simply share this sentence with your attorney or financial planner: “I bequeath $_____ or ______% of my estate to Christian Community in Action dba Dorcas Ministries.
187 High House Road
Cary, NC 27511
- You can add Dorcas Ministries to your existing will by revising and re-executing the document at any time, or by executing a separate amendment called a codicil.
- Let us know your plans and how we can help! Contact our Director of Philanthropy, Carey Phelps for more information!
- You can be part of growing and expanding our mission in so many ways – from making financial contributions to donating items to the thrift shop and food pantry and giving your time and talents.
Donations are accepted Monday – Friday, 9am – 3pm, and Saturday 10am – 2pm
General Directions: When you enter the plaza, continue to the right of the building and stop at the food pantry drop off location on the right side of the building. A volunteer will help unload your donations into bins.
Items our Food Pantry is in most need of:
- Instant Potatoes
- Canned Beef Stew
- Cooking Oil
- Paper Towels
- Cat Litter
- Grocery Store Gift Cards
Thank you for helping us keep our pantry stocked with basic food staples and supplies.
- Our Amazon Wish List has been updated. Purchase directly from our wish list, and your items will ship directly to us!
- Donate food using an online grocery delivery service, like InstaCart or your local grocery store’s delivery services.
- Adopt-A-Shelf! You can help keep our shelves stocked by sponsoring a shelf in the pantry in whole or in part.
Interested in coordinating a food drive but don’t know where to start? Please contact Karen Eck or call 919-469-9861, ext 501 for further information.
Donations are accepted Monday – Saturday, 11am – 6pm
Donation Preparation: Small prep work at home makes a huge difference in handling the volume of items that are donated to Dorcas. Please separate clothes from linens, shoes, household items, etc. Keeping these items with other similar items will allow for a quicker drop-off experience.
General Directions: When you enter the plaza, continue to the right of the building and follow the signs to enter the drop-off lane. One of our Dorcas representatives will be happy to unload your items from your car. Please follow their directions for a safe and efficient drop-off. Remain in your car until a Dorcas representative is ready to assist you. Please have any personal items separated from items for donation.
General items we DO NOT accept:
- Home Improvement Items
- Outdated Electronics
- Personal Computers
- Car Related Items
- Grills/Gas Operated Items
- Large Baby Items
- Large Exercise Equipment
- Christmas Trees until October 1
- Non-Mobility Medical Items
- Out-dated Educational Books
- Overused or Damaged Items
- Hazardous Materials (Chemicals, Paint, Oil, Aerosol Cans)
A full list of items we do not accept is available HERE.