Join our team of over 600 volunteers in helping to change lives in our community daily. Our volunteers work in the Thrift Shop, Food Pantry, Crisis Center, Client Advocacy, Career Coaching, and more!
On-site volunteers work in 3-hour shifts – morning, early afternoon, or late afternoon – on various days of the week.
No experience is necessary! However, we do take into consideration specific interests and talents as well as our critical needs when placing volunteers.
- Complete an online application.
- Attend an in-person orientation session that includes a tour and overview of Dorcas.
- Complete a departmental training shift before beginning your regularly scheduled volunteer shifts
- Note: we do not offer court-ordered community service hours
- Individuals at least 14 years old are welcome to apply to volunteer by themselves.
- Families can volunteer together if kids are at least 12 years old.
- We offer opportunities for high school and college students to fulfill community outreach hours, as well as individuals wishing to volunteer as part of their corporate social responsibility, and those wanting to get involved in the community to give back! We welcome a large variety of volunteers, all with one purpose: to help our neighbors thrive.
- Church and civic groups, school teams and clubs, sororities and fraternities, businesses and corporations, PTAs, etc., are all welcome to volunteer with us!
- Student groups must have a ratio of 1 adult for every 5 students, and participants must be at least 12 years old.
- Groups will work on high-priority projects as determined by Dorcas Retail Operations Managers during their shifts.
- Please contact our Volunteer Manager to learn more or schedule a group volunteer session.
- The Dorcas Food Pantry provides over $100,000 in food assistance each month! That doesn’t happen without many volunteers and special projects throughout the year.
- Pantry clean-up projects are available, too!
- Details and resources for these projects are here!